Have you recently been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer?
Are you confused about what treatment is best for you?
Have you scheduled your second opinion consultation?
With the various treatment options available, it is critical that you have a second opinion to ensure you received unbiased information the first time around. It doesn’t matter who your urologist is, it never hurts to have someone else look at your cancer to ensure you receive the treatment that is right for you, your lifestyle and your cancer.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men (after skin cancer), but it can often be treated successfully. More than 2 million men in the US count themselves as prostate cancer survivors.
Whether you’re worried about developing prostate cancer, making decisions about treatment, or trying to stay well after treatment, we can help. Understanding and knowing about Prostate Cancer is the first step in our fight against this form of cancer.
What Is Prostate Cancer?
Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention
- What are the risk factors for prostate cancer?
- we know what causes prostate cancer?
- Can prostate cancer be prevented?
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
- Can prostate cancer be found early?
- Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer
- How is prostate cancer diagnosed?
- How is prostate cancer staged?
- Survival rates for prostate cancer
Treating Prostate Cancer
- How is prostate cancer treated?
- Expectant management (watchful waiting) and active surveillance for prostate cancer
- Surgery for prostate cancer
- Radiation therapy for prostate cancer
- Cryosurgery for prostate cancer
- Hormone (androgen deprivation) therapy for prostate cancer
- Chemotherapy for prostate cancer
- Vaccine treatment for prostate cancer
- Preventing and treating prostate cancer spread to bone
- Clinical trials for prostate cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapies for prostate cancer
- prostate cancer treatment options
- Initial treatment of prostate cancer by stage
- Following PSA levels during and after treatment
- Prostate cancer that remains or recurs after treatment
- More prostate cancer treatment information
Talking With Your Doctor
- What happens after treatment for prostate cancer?
- Lifestyle changes after having prostate cancer
- How does having prostate cancer affect your emotional health?
- If prostate cancer treatment stops working
What’s New in Prostate Cancer Research?
Below is a list of available treatment options for prostate cancer. As you can see, there is more than one option available and each have their own paradigm of risks & benefits.
Prostate Cancer Treatments
- Watchful waiting or active surveillance
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy
- Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy
- Radiation therapy
- Androgen Ablation Therapy (Hormone Therapy)
- Biologic therapy
- Targeted therapy
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
- Proton beam radiation therapy
Orlando Urology Specialists faithfully serves Orlando, Florida and the surrounding communities and would love to have the opportunity to see you at one of our offices. We have four offices conveniently located throughout central Florida including offices in Clermont, Orlando, Davenport and Winter Park.
Dr. Kenneth Essig is a Board Certified Urologist with over 10 years of experience performing no-scalpel vasectomyand Prostate Cancer Second Opinion. He has performed thousands of vasectomies in the comfort of an office setting and was rated as the top Urologist in Orlando, Florida by ZocDoc and recognized by Vasectomy.com as one of the premier specialists for Vasectomies. He is highly regarded as one of the best Urologist in Winter Haven and is proud to serve the residents of Orlando including those in Clermont, Davenport and Winter Park. If you are interested in trustworthy expertise, look no further than Dr. Kenneth Essig.